1.96 min read
INSPIRATION: JAMIE OLIVER
RECIPE TYPE: SUHOOR
DIFFICULTY: AVERAGE RECIPE
PREP TIME: 15MINS
COOK TIME: 5MINS
TOTAL COOK TIME: 20MINS
- 1 cup rolled oats (alternatively you may use corn grits)
- 2T Chia seeds
- 5 heaping Tablespoons of 100% ground cacao
- 2 heaping Tablespoons of chocolate peanut butter swirl
- 5 cups of water
- 1 cup of coconut milk (lternatively you may use Greek yoghurt)
- Sweetener – date syrup or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, but we are using vanilla pods/beans
- Orange peel of 1 orange
For each portion:
- 7 pcs of dates, pitted, chopped
- Slices of fresh fruit, such as raspberries, blackberries, sliced banana, grated apple and pear, segments of orange
- Optional: A pinch or two of cinnamon
- In a saucepan, bring water to a simmer and then add the ground cacao, chocolate peanut butter swirl and stir until fully dissolved. Turn off.
- Pour in your rolled oats and stir constantly to avoid sticking. Add the Chia seeds The porridge should be ready in 3-5minutes.
- To sweeten your porridge, add your dates syrup.
- Serve in bowls.
- Serve each portion with a drizzle of coconut milk. Alternatively, you may use a spoonful of Greek Yoghurt.
- Serving tips: You may serve the chocolate porridge with the following suggested fresh fruits that go well together or individually with the dark chocolate porridge – sliced bananas, grated apples and pears, raspberries, and/or sliced strawberries
- Per Container: 4
- Total Calories: 2178 kcal
- Calories per serving: 544 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 289 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Fats: 331 g
*computation based from USDA Food Composition Table, ADA FEL
Click here to download the recipe card.
Watch the video: