COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Your privacy is important to us and we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than necessary for us to provide you with the best possible service and to protect your account.
- Information including, but not limited to, full name, address, phone number, and email address (“Registration Information”) may be collected at the time of your registration on the Site.
- In connection with any transaction or service on the Site, we collect information, including but not limited to, bank account numbers, billing and delivery information, credit/debit card numbers and expiration dates (“Account Information”) in order to, among other things, facilitate the sale and purchase as well as the settlement of purchase price of the products or services transacted on or procured through the Site.
- We record and retain details of users’ activities on the Site. Information relating to such transactions including, but not limited to, the types and specifications of products, pricing and delivery information and any dispute records (“Activities Information”) may be collected when sale and purchase transactions are conducted or facilitated through the Site.
- We record and retain records of users’ browsing activities and buying transactions on our platform, including but not limited to IP addresses, browsing patterns and buyer behavioral patterns. In addition, we gather statistical information about the Sites and visitors to the Site including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of session and unique visitors (“Browsing Information”).
- The information collected shall be used for product or service development and marketing purposes only. However, in the event of use of information other than what is specified, we shall not be obliged to seek written prior approval from the visitors, users, guests, and/or customers.
USE OF INFORMATION
Once you provide us any the information enumerated in the previous section, you are deemed to have authorized us to collect, retain and use that information for the following purposes:
- Verifying your identity;
- Verifying your eligibility to register as a user of the Site;
- Processing your registration as a user, providing you with a log-in ID for the Site and maintaining and managing your registration;
- Providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
- To facilitate communication between buyers and merchants on the Site;
- To resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our policies;
- Performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of the Site, to improve our product offerings and services and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- By agreeing to these terms, you authorize us to use your full name, phone number, residential address, and email address (“Marketing Data”) to provide notices, surveys, product alerts, communications and other marketing materials to you relating products and services offered by us on the Site, including the value added services ancillary to your membership, and other products and services offered by us from time to time to members of the Site;
- If you voluntarily submit any information to the Site for publication on the Site through the publishing tools and any discussion forum, then you are deemed to have given consent to the publication of such information on the Site (“Voluntary Information”); and
- Making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by law or in respect of any claims or potential claims brought against us.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
You further agree that we may disclose and transfer your information to service providers engaged by us to assist us with providing you with our services (including but not limited to data entry, database management, promotions, products and services alerts, delivery services, payment extension services, and membership authentication and verification services) (“Service Providers”).
These Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your information in connection with the purposes specified in this policy, and not for their own purposes.
- You agree that we may disclose and transfer, for the purposes specified in this policy, your information to other affiliated companies.
- You agree that we may disclose and transfer your information to our professional advisers, law enforcements agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organizations for the purposes specified in this policy.
- Any information supplied by you will be retained by us and will be accessible by our employees, any Service Providers engaged by us and third parties referred to in this policy, for or in relation to any of the purposes stated in this policy.
- All Voluntary Information may be made publicly available on the Site and therefor accessible to any Internet user. Any Voluntary Information that you disclose to us becomes public information and you resign any proprietary rights (including but not limited to confidentiality rights and copyright) in such information. You should exercise caution when deciding to include personal or proprietary information in the Voluntary Information that you submit to us.
- We may share your Account Information with banks or merchants to enable your transactions on the Site to be completed. In addition, we may use your Account Information to determine your credit-worthiness and, in the process of such determination, we may need to make such Account Information available to banks or credit agencies. While we have in place up-to-date technology and internal procedure to keep your Account Information and other Personal Data secure from intruders, there is no guarantee that such technology or procedures can eliminate all risks of theft, loss, or misuse.
ACCESS, MODIFICATION, and DELETION
We delete personal information when we no longer need it for the purposes described above. We retain personal information as permitted by law to resolve disputes and enforce our policies. To access or correct your information, please visit please visit CoChocolat.com
We use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, but we do not guarantee, and you should not expect, that your personal information will remain private. We are not responsible for any privacy policies or data practices of any third-party website, including without limitation any social networking website or service.
- We may update this Policy at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use this Site or thirty (30) days after the updated Policy is posted to this Site, whichever is sooner.