Recipe: Vegan Chocolate Cake
You’d never guess this moist Chocolate Cake is eggless and dairy free! It’s rich flavour and moist, fudgy texture competes with any regular chocolate cake 😍. And the luscious frosting on top sent the cake into a whole new level!
I loved this cake recipe for years and it never fails and always tastes amazing.
For the Cake:
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup boiling water straight from the kettle
75 grams or 90 ml coconut oil or any vegetable oil .
1/2 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon instant coffee ( optional)
For the Frosting:
1/4 cup water
75 grams coconut butter or any vegan butter
50 grams brown sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
150 grams chopped dark vegan chocolate.
1. Start by making the frosting by mixing all the frosting ingredients except the chocolate.
2. Heat on the stove top gently until mixed and completely smooth, remove from the heat and add the chopped chocolate, mix until the chocolate is completely melted. Set the frosting aside to cool down and to thicken up.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 C and prepare an 8-inch round cake tin with by spraying it with oil and line with baking or parchment paper.
4. Combine the flour with the baking soda, salt and cocoa powder and whisk well , in a big measuring jug combine the coconut oil with the sugar, vinegar, instant coffee and boiling water whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved then add to the dry ingredients, give it a good mix then pour it into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
5. Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes then flip on a wire rack to cool completely.
Spread the frosting on top and decorate with shavings of chocolate and some berries ❤️
This is Lama Ghareibeh’s recipe interpretation of @nigellalawson Eggless Chocolate Cake.
Lama is a nutritionist by education and a mum of two who finds joy in cooking and baking, turning every meal with family and friends into a celebration.