Recipe: Banana Waffle with Healthy Chocolate Syrup
Gluten-free banana waffles with healthy chocolate syrup!
Light and crisp, banana waffles that are perfect for breakfast or all day breakfast! Recipe yields around 5 - 8 pcs of small round or square waffles (as shown here).
• 1 ½ cup gluten-free flour or regular all purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or sugar of your choice)
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
• Pinch of nutmeg
• ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
• ¾ cup milk of choice, lukewarm
• ¾ cup overripe mashed bananas (about 2 small bananas), plus more for topping
• 1 large egg
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3/4 cup water
• 1/2 cup Co Chocolat High on Happy 60% Dark Chocolate with Coconut Sugar Chocolate Chips
• Pinch of salt
1. Make your chocolate syrup first. In a heated pan, put together your chocolate syrup ingredients. Whisk till everything is incorporated and your chocolate chips melted. Wait for it to start simmering. When it is close to boiling, remove from heat, and then set it aside.
2. Pre-heat waffle iron on high heat.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. In another bowl, whisk in mashed banana, egg, and vanilla extract.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix. Pour batter onto the heated waffle iron, enough to cover the center and most of the central surface area. Once the iron has stopped steaming and the waffle is deeply golden, transfer it to a cooling rack or baking sheet. Don’t stack your waffles on top of each other, or they’ll lose crispness. Place in oven to keep warm. Repeat.
6. Top with sliced bananas and your chocolate syrup and serve. Enjoy!