PRESS RELEASE: How about Chocolate Iced Tea this Summer?
080723 - How about Chocolate Iced Tea this Summer?
As temperatures rise in the UAE and chocolovers look for something unique and chocolatey, we tried cooling it with cacao when the first farm-to-table chocolate brand in the region invited us to try these refreshing blends.
The Mexican vibe of tamarind and various citrus fruits combined with steeped single-origin cacao bean husks make these drinks a must-try this summer. The tea husk or skin of the cacao bean comes from Co Chocolat’s very own social enterprise. Co-founder and maitre chocolatier Luchie Suguitan told us, “People love iced tea but we wanted people to have a healthier yet chocolatey alternative in this very warm weather. We figured since we supply the same cacao husk to a luxury hotel resort in the UAE for their tea infusions, why not create our own blends and offer it to our retail customers.”
They are available for dine-in, take-away, and pick-up in Co Chocolat’s boutique cafe inside the Co Chocolat Factory in Warsan 3.
Iced tea never tasted this chocolatey, and healthy, with these refreshing new blends from Co Chocolat.
- Citron y cacao is cacao tea and a mix of different citrus fruits such as orange, lemon, and lime with mint.
Calories per serving: 193g
Lima Verde y cacao is cacao tea with lime and mint.
Calories per serving: 194g
- Tamarindo y Cacao is cacao tea with tamarind, coriander, and cinnamon.
Calories per serving: 51.4g
Health Benefits of Cacao Husks
Aside from its delicious chocolate flavor, one of the best reasons to enjoy a Cacao Husk Tea is its many potential health benefits, including:
- Low Calorie: Cacao husks are naturally sugar-free and contain almost no calories.
- Antioxidants: Cacao husks are loaded with antioxidants, which can help fight free radicals and reduce inflammation.
- Nutrients: Cacao husks are full of essential nutrients, including magnesium, iron, zinc, calcium, B vitamins, and vitamin A.
- Caffeine-free energy: Cacao husks are caffeine-free, but they do contain a compound called theobromine, which can act as a stimulant and mood-booster, without the jitters that often accompany caffeine.
- Sustainability: These husks have historically been discarded during cacao production, so their use in beverages helps reduce waste.
Link here for Images
Link here for Videos
About Co Chocolat
Co-founders Luchie and Iman are certified “Cacao Doctors” after they were able to directly grow cacao trees in their farm after one year of graduation in 2015. They co-founded the social enterprise www.OFWparasaMagsasaka.com in 2016 and continue to empower farmers through healthy chocolates. Their farm-to-table factory is in Warsan 3, Dubai.
Chef Luchie as she is now called by her team of chocolatiers, not only dictates roasting profiles at the cacao farm level, but she also creates all the recipes that Co Chocolat creates here in the UAE. She accomplished her chocolate education in the USA for bean-to-bar chocolate-making and furthered it by attending the school of Valrhona, France in Tain L’Armitage making her the UAE’s first and only maître chocolatier from farm-to-bar. People will see her in action in the factory and on school tours and will have dedicated time to talk to the youth about being both a social entrepreneur and a professional chef.
For more info and images/videos:
Whatsapp and Mobile: Iman Suguitan – +971526931041 or Paula - +971582986871